Spring Updates April 23 2016Large tailribbons stickers (2" x 2.5") are now for sale on Ebay!
We also just got brand new CorelDraw X8 to work on more sticker designs!
New Style: Large March 20 2016
The most popular request we get from our customers is that the sticker size needs to be bigger. Well, we've listened and are now happy to introduce new large tailribbons!
The large size is 2.0" x 2.5".
The large style has uniform fills throughout the design, instead of gradient fills used on original tailribbons.
|Size||1 3/8" x 1 3/4"||2.0" x 2.5"|
The large tailribbons are coming in Spring/Summer 2016:
- Flag of Canada
- Flag of Italy
- Canada Maple Leaf
- Tailribbons Team
Fall Updates November 22 2015Super excited. After a bit of delay getting every detail worked out, yesterday we finally got the very unusual tailribbon design from our manufacturer. And it looks fantastic. It's unlike all the other designs we've had in the store. Hint: the car we're using for the photos, needs to be big. Now trim, get a photo shoot ready, and hopefully store launch is soon.
Summer Updates August 03 2015
It has been a really busy summer this year, like really swamped. Over the last couple of months, the big project that we've been working on has unfortunately been delayed due to some manufacturing difficulties (we take our time and don't settle for less than perfect). We are sorting it out the best we can, and expect the finished product very soon! After that, some photo-shoots, and an exciting new tailribbon design (first of it's kind) should be live in the store!
Spring Upgrades May 07 2015
We're excited to be upgrading our software to from CorelDRAW X6 to X7! Just got it a few days ago, can't wait to try it out. One of it's main awesome features is the ability to support high-resolution monitors, kind of preparing for the Windows 10 release later this year!
January Update January 26 2015
It's winter and it's cold.
So we here at tailribbons try to stay indoors, drink hot chocolate, and think about what new products we can release for the next summer season.
We've been working very hard on something. And it's something big.
October Updates October 22 2014
Long time no blog!
Some quick updates on what's been going on at tailribbons,
- We got approved by the BestoftheWeb certification team! BestoftheWeb.com has been around for over 20 years online, basically they are a third party that independently verifies our privacy, security, URL, phone#, address, and email information. A shiny green trust badge is now posted on our home page!
- Tailribbons passed 500 likes on facebook! Thank You!
- Unfortunately, the blog comments have been disabled due to overwhelming spam. I'm going to wait and hope that Shopify makes better anti-spam filters or something on the likes of Akismet plugin for Wordpress platform. Otherwise it's gotten to a point of over 50 spam messages per day that I have to manually delete?! Boo that.
- Honestly can't find the time to launch the mini Australia tailribbon here on Shopify, it has been a really busy month. Anyway, it needs a good photoshoot and it's getting cold in Ottawa, so I better make it happen soon.
- Likewise, hopefully soon a photoshoot will be done for the original Australia tailribbon, with a mystery Audi! Oh and maybe another mystery car, if I could get it started first, it's battery is dead. The Australia tailribbon definitely needs more photos, and I want to make them look awesome!
Flag of Australia tailribbon now in store! September 12 2014
After a busy summer, the long overdue Flag of Australia tailribbon is finally here!
We've actually received the shipment from the manufacturer a few months ago, but due to our busy schedules we were only able to keep up with fulfilling customers' orders. The Australia tailribbons had to be trimmed, and packaged, and then a photo-shoot needed to scheduled to get some store photos done, and then a re-shoot too. But after all that, they are finally ready to be shipped and look freakin' awesome!Posted by: Eli
Wet photo shoot! June 22 2014
Another photo shoot with a VW Jetta! This time I'm trying out a new lens, a borrowed Sigma 10 - 20mm.
The lens has great widescreen to capture those awesome close ups!
It was a nice sunny day, but I used an external flash to hopefully light up the car's surface and therefore block out the reflection of the camera, it helped a bit.
Spray bottle with plain water was used to add a nice 'wet' effect too....
Pictures turned out great!...and had a delicious Starbucks Refreshers drink ;)
Posted by: Eli